View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, November 10, 2012

Congratulations, Botophucket

Yes, against all need from the poor user, the photo service previously known as Photobucket has changed so completely that it is no longer possible to navigate through it. You cannot see the numbers of your pictures, so if, like me, you are doing a string of postsworking through the pictures for an episode, you can't find the previous one without scrolling through the whole album again. When you find what you want, if you are lucky you can get the HTML code, if not, you have just wasted your time and have to go back to the beginning, because the "back" key on your browser will take you back to the beginning of the album. You then have to scroll through the whole thing (as you get to the end of each page you have to wait for the next one to load, but if you have just gone back to the album from a particular photo, this facility will not operate, so you have to leave the alcum then select it again, and so on ad nauseam). And that's just from trying for an hour or so, during which time I managed to complete 3 posts. The fourth has no photo 'cos Photobucket wouldn't let me select the code. Pissed off with a wasted evening in which I could have set up my new printer? Moi? The very thought...

5 comments:

JoJo said...

I haven't been on Botophucket for months and months. I was having so many issues with it the last few times that I stopped using it. Even for slideshows. Everything uploaded out of order & then I'd fight w/ the code to get it to work. So not worth it. I might delete my account as I don't use it anymore.

judith said...

Every pic seems to be titled..untitled..what ever you called them as gone..

Anonymous said...

I saw that there was a message saying the 'New' botophucket was 'waiting' (a phrase that strikes terror into the hearts of anyone who uses it because that usually means you have to guess how it's going to work), but I haven't been over there for a while - and I'm not sure I want to go over there now after what you've just said.....

Jane said...

They asked me if I wanted to switch to the 'new' photobucket and I said NO. Wonder how long it will be before they 'force' me...

val said...

They didn't ask me, just did it. THey now have a button inviting you to return to the old PB, which I clicked half way through uploading Rispetto. What i@d already done "took" but was not inside the album I'd created. I'm having a go back on the old one, though I decided to upload Consoler first so I could restore it. Sadly I chose to put trehem in the Rispetto album!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake