View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, November 09, 2012

HP - Hopeless and Pathetic

Aha, I hear you think - doesn't HP stand for Hewlett Packard? Well, maybe for you. And I was quite fond of my HP laptop till it was remastered with a Samsung recovery disc (long story).

My old printer wasn't bad for most of its life, and when it needed replacing in February I went for another HP, this time a wireless one:

It was pretty straightforward and the quality was good, though the ink for HP printers ispretty expensive. But then, in July, it went wrong. The black ink wasn't finding its way on to the paper, so colour printing was anaemic at best. B/W printing was, well invisible. Back to the shop it went, and I brought an identical new machine home. Last week it went the same way as the first one. HP couldn't be bothered to answer an email asking if this was a known fault, so I couldn't be bothered to swap it for another HP one. Time to give poor beleaguered Kodak a try. It seems to have the same features as the HP, but the ink is MUCH cheaper.

Mine is pure white, which is a bit dazzling.

All I have to do now is set it up. On three computers. And an iPad. Good thing it's the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an HP printer/scanner, but the cost of 'feeding' it is ridiculous.

Good luck with your installation(s)

JoJo said...

I have a printer that's now so old that no one carries the colour ink anymore. I have to order it online. So frustrating and it lasts for like 10 pages before running out.

sixtwosue said...

I had heard that about Kodak's ink. Glad they're still able to stay in business somehow.

Eliza said...

I have an HP printer too..but it hasn't had ink in it for ages..as soon as it's filled, suddenly everyone has to print stuff :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake