View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, August 03, 2012

Night and Day

Last night, when I put out the rubbish, I noticed some interesting cloud formations. To the north there were lots of little bubbles of cloud which sadly didn't come out clearly as, surprise surprise, it was rather dark...



To the south east was the moon which illuminated some rather lovely horizontal cloud formations:


This afternoon, sitting in the garden, I suddenly became aware that the birds sitting in the bushes in a neighbour's garden were making quite a din. When I remember Rachel Carson's The Silent Spring, I feel thrilled that there is still so much birdsong, even in overcrowded suburban London. I rushed in to get my camera. As soon as I started filming, my neighbour started to do what sounded like scraping some paving slabs with a spade. Then there was a plane going over, then police sirens, then an ice cream van's chimes! So much for my peaceful garden with birdsong. Here's the best I managed. It doesn't sound as loud as it did "live" but I hope it gives you some idea of the joyous birdie music:

6 comments:

judith said...

That was nice.....

JoJo said...

I heard the birdies but not the other stuff! It's a blue moon this month. I missed last night's fully b/c it was too hazy at my house.

bobbybegood1 said...

Val you are one helleva character. I am so glad you were at least able to enjoy birdsong. Thanx for capturing and showing us those wonderful pics. Cheers!!

Laura said...

I love the birdsong...sometimes, if I listen really hard I can hear it here, over the sound of small planes :)

I saw a Red Kite today, it was flying up by mums..I kept stopping and looking at it, wonderful

Eliza said...

For Laura, read me...child signed in to youtube again and I didn't notice :)

ann said...

The children bought me a birdtable on my last birthday and it attracts the most amazing birds.

Unfortunately it attracts the squirrels too, but I can't help but be entertained by their antics.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake