View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, November 03, 2011

Did I remember to tell you...

...that Peter James won the ITV Crime Writers' Award that I posted about, and that many of you voted on?

His latest book, Perfect People, is just out, and it's not a crime novel this time, it's about a couple who have a genetically engineered baby after losing baby number 1 to a rare genetic condition.

I have a feeling they're going to get a baby that, among other "improvements", maximises its lifespan by sleeping only a couple of hours a night, not because it's hungry/wet/teething but because it's genetically programmed that way. Sound like anyone's nightmare?

4 comments:

JoJo said...

That would be weird....bad enough they are genetically engineering our food supply. On the other hand, programming a baby not to be whiny, needy and leaky does have some appeal.....

Anonymous said...

It's the idea of a baby I find scary....

Eliza said...

Sounds like hell...

Sandy said...

From giving birth to three girls and raising one grandson from birth to 20 years old and now practically raising 3 other grandchildren, I can tell you its Hell sometimes without having them genetically engineered! Anyway, it is what it is. Most of the time I wouldn't give any of them up, but I'm getting OLD!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake