View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, November 05, 2011

Ashes into Glass

It's been more than a year since my beautiful cat Shelley died, and his ashes are still in their "dispersal tube" in my bedroom. I just haven't been able to bring myself to sprinkle his last remains on his brother's grave.
But I've found a company that will turn a small amount of his ashes into glass and set it in jewellery. It's expensive, but once it's done, I will have a memorial to my lovely boy that I can carry with me and that will last forever:

9 comments:

JoJo said...

I have heard of these companies that do this with cremains. It is very pricey, I thought it cost about $50,000 for a pendant to be made.

vikeau said...

At first I didn't see Shelley and thought you had a tiger. My bad.

val said...

JoJo, I think that's if you have them made into diamonds. For glass in a silver ring, it's £295. Pricey but affordable...if I don't eat till next March!

Music Wench said...

Aww, that's a sweet thought. I wish I had thought of that with my dearly departed kitties - and my beloved Old English Sheep Dog, Belle. Oh well, we have our photos and memories.

Jane said...

That's a lovely idea Val. I still have my beloved Topaz' ashes sitting on the mantle.

vikeau said...

I don't have any pets--long stroy as to why not. But many of my friends do, so as presents there this company that will take photos and make either watches or clocks with the photos. Great rememberance.

JoJo said...

Oh that's WAY more reasonable. I'm glad you are having it done. :)

Eliza said...

That sounds like such a lovely way to keep Shelleys memory alive :-)

bobbybegood1 said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a sweet tribute to Shelley. But, don't forget Val that he is always with you in spirit. Cheers!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake