View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pains in the Medical , well...

... not arse.
I had my carpal tunnel test today. The guy put sticky things on my hands and fingers and shot electric currents through my hands and arms. FUCK!

I have mild carpal tunnel syndrome in my right wrist, moderate in my left. I'm going to try injections first, but leftie will probably need surgery.

This evening I went for that most wonderful of procedures, a cervical smear. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say the speculum and my cervix didn't want to make friends. DOUBLE FUCK. That hurt.

I'm going back on Monday when a female doctor will be available if the nurse still can't get a sample.

Oh joy.

Oh well, better get as much as I can out of the health service bafore our wonderful government privatises it once and for all and makes it unaffordable for the suckers who've paid for it all their lives, just as they get older and need it.

8 comments:

mauigirl said...

:(((((((((

I think you need a nice double Martini, a fireplace, a bearskin rug and a certain 6'4" man. I'm betting you'll forget all about any carpel tunnel and he can even get the smear.

val said...

Shocked!

By the bearskin rug...

Music Wench said...

I hate going to the doctor. I hope your government doesn't privatize it. Trust me, it won't help and all it does is make people who can't afford treatment sicker and we die faster.

I'm traumatized by anything skin rugs. But I'll definitely take the 6'4" guy and martini. :-D

JoJo said...

I'm so sorry Val. That sucks! :( Pap smears suck. I hate having them. I'm surprised that your govt. would privatize health care.

vikeau said...

Frist off I have to stop laughing at mauigirls's comment. Me I hate when they say "relax". No man I have ever been with was that cold or expand in quite that manner. It's been a tough month for you val but stay strong and this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

I'm wincing...... I also work for the NHS. The last Government, while busy bankrupting us, didn't see anything 'wrong' with bringing private money in with the disasterous 'Partnership' thing that cost us billions for no purpose (as usual), but I don't think ANYONE wants to privatise it. I just wish they'd tackle the problems (too top heavy with management) rather than just keep shovelling bucket loads of public money at it, hoping it'll 'fix' itself.

val said...

I always thought the PFI "initiative" that the last government continued from the one before was wrong, but the present one can hardly distance itself from that disaster, as it was their baby. It's true that none of US want the NHS privatised, but we're not the over-privileged millionaire scum who now run the show. Their goodbuddies stand to make even greater fortunes if the NHS is privatised, and it seems to me they are determined to see to the enrichment of their pals.

Vote Green Party!

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for anyone who put the needs of the COUNTRY before the interests of their own party, but that's a forlorn hope. Ah well, when I rule the world.... ;0)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake