View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, July 17, 2011

On Fire

I have finally managed (against all odds) to get the last S5 episode from the commercial dvds capped.

First the dvd didn't read on the computer, and I found it had got stuck in the drive. I was sensible enough to unplug and remove the battery before trying to prise it out. Then the playback kept getting stuck at the point where G/E interview the looney flatmate. A quick clean-up improved that, though I did notice there were also scratches, presumably from the disc's adventure inside the machine.

The auto-adjust of the dull, dark pictures turned out a bit strange, with pictures from the same scene coming out completely differently. Finally, a few pictures are of a different size from the others, apparently self-cropped.

Never mind, at least there's some "new" Bobby to look at.

The Hand or the Stunt Claw? Answers on a postcard please:


Dark grey shirt, open neck and shoulders:


Perfect profile:


Short and curlies (no, not those):


Surprise and glee:


Favourite pose (well, one of them):


Missing Deakins already:

8 comments:

Music Wench said...

Lovely caps! Season 5 was my least favorite until season 8 and 9 came along. lol Loved Bobby no matter what, though. Good to see you got these caps despite the glitches. :-)

Mindy said...

Great job.. but still don't understand why they needed a stunt claw. Our vincent has perfect hands

JoJo said...

Great caps and it looks like his hand to me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me. I think the first one may well be Mr Stunt Claw, on the grounds that the 'general' rule of thumb (or hand!) seems to be if the camera shot pulls out or moves in to show the hand attached to Vincent's arm, it's Vincent - not that his lovely hand bears ANY resemblence to the Stunt Claw - but if it's just a 'hand' shot, it tends to be Mr Stunt Claw. Hmmmm, maybe I need to get out more.... ;0)

val said...

That was my thinking, Diane. It looked a bit wrinkled as the scene started. Then the camera pulled out, and there was Vincent on the other end of tue arm.

It left me feeling it's not as cut and dried as I thought.

Ruby said...

Sheer perfection, Val! Thanks for all your efforts -- very appreciated!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic post, Val! Your caps are just perfect, thank you so much :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake