View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Good, The Bad and The Dreadful

Alex's party went with a swing last night. He was surrounded by friends and family in a local hall, with bands and disco.






This morning, I got a surprise in the post (no, not Alex's signed photos from Liverpool Football Club, they arrived yesterday at his home Special Delivery). I was amazed to see this on one of the envelopes the postie delivered:



And inside it was this:








Which one of you lovely people made this happen? I am so delighted, I want to give you a big kiss!

Of course, the Royal Mail being as incompetent as it is, an envelope which had travelled across the Atlantic in pristine condition, got as far as my door before being folded to push it through. Luckily no serious harm was done, but I see another complaint coming on. Not that they've replied to the last three yet...

Today was the Kensington Dolls House Fair. After the Christmas one, I did a post about Mulvany and Rogers and their fantastic houses based on real life palaces. Here's a picture of their latest exhibit, which is a fantasy scene set in one of the Palace of Versailles luxurious outhouses:





The dreadful news is that the darling baby gorilla I've been visiting and cooing over for months has died after being introduced to the new male, who injured him during an introductory session. How could they have been so careless? They knew the risks, they should have been taken proper precautions. I'm not the only one who'll be devastated:




7 comments:

JoJo said...

That autographed picture is so awesome!! I wonder who had it sent to you? I hope The Mystery Gifter makes themselves known!!

Sorry about the gorilla. Sounds like Alex's party was fun though!

Music Wench said...

I'm glad the photos for Alex arrived all right. And lucky you! That autographed photo is awesome!

Eliza said...

I'm jealous of 2 things in this post, your picture and Alex hat..I love it! Hope his party was brilliant :-)

I'm in awe of the people who do Dolls Houses..their patience must be unlimited.

The baby gorilla bit made me want to cry..I remember watching him aas he started to move away from his mum

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the photo. I'm with Jojo, let's hope The Mystery Gifter identifies themself!

fuzzytweetie said...

Congrats on the photo! How long since you wrote to her? I've written (I swear to God) at last a dozen times to Mr. D. over the years and NO answer yet :(

val said...

Thing is, Fuzzy, I didn't - I'm longing to find out who did it on my behalf!

Anonymous said...

I love his hat! How ironic to have two encounters with "Alex"...what a nice treat to receive in the mail!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake