View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gawd Bless Blogger

For several days I've been posting, and commenting, via Firefox, on account of being unable to sign in to Blogger on Internet Explorer. All I got was a constant "click, click, click" as the tab wouldn't connect. Yesterday somehow I was signed in for commenting but still couldn't get to my Blogger Dashboard! During this time I have:


  • checked my script settings

  • cleared my cookies

  • deleted my browser history

  • updated Internet Explorer

all to no avail.


Yesterday I updated Firefox. Terrible idea. I didn't like its way of dealing with favourites before. Now I like it even less, plus I hate the way it now does its tabs.


So I tried IE again, and this time, I couldn't even complete the sign in form. It just acted as if I hadn't put in my password. So in desperation I clicked on the "can't sign in" button, entered my blog's URL, it sent me an email and - bingo! Suddenly everything works. And I still don't know why a few days ago suddenly it wouldn't work.

7 comments:

Eliza said...

I've been able to sign in, but trying to leave comments often lands me on an error page..it's been bad since they did their update last week :(

Glad they got you back on track,I'd miss your comments :-)

JoJo said...

I haven't had any trouble on IE at work, but I used Google Chrome at home and that works like a charm.

JoJo said...

Wow now that you mention it, I can't log in and comment on the Hood Photo Blog for some reason. GRRRRRRRR

havers said...

Oh no, what a crap. I also had problems yesterday to log in with the new firefox.

Maybe you should try the cometbird browser. I use it at home and really like it. [It's a variation of firefox, so no big looking where is what]

Unknown said...

I never use IE, I always use Firefox and I've no problem to sign in or leave a comment but, sometimes my toolbar disappear and I have to download it again. I don't know why.

judith said...

I've had nothing but trouble these last few weeks ever since Firefox decided to update itself and the same with yahoo mail.

Anonymous said...

My followers suddenly disappeared and it hasn't been the same since Blogger did their big update.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake