View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ruthless Rhymes

In 1899, Harry Graham published his Ruthless Rhymes for Heartless Homes. More Ruthless Rhymes didn't come along till 1930.

Over the next few weeks I'll be posting a few of my favourites.


Quite Fun

My son Augustus, in the street, one day,

Was feeling quite exceptionally merry.

A stranger asked him:"Can you show me, pray,

The quickest way to Brompton Cemetery?"

"The quickest way? You bet I can!" said Gus,

And pushed the fellow underneath a bus.

*****

Whatever people say about my son,

He does enjoy his little bit of fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. What a great poem.

Eliza said...

Made me smile...look forward to more

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake