View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, October 05, 2010

NOT mine

I've mentioned before how much stuff I buy at Marks and Spencer, especially in summer from their extensive range of skirts and tops. I also buy quite a lot of food there, and sup in their cafe at least once a week.

It was from there that I bought my pretty pink Sony computer, not least because they offered a free two-year warranty. The company's reputation for good service was very persuasive.

Well, something has gone wrong. There is a gradually expanding multi-coloured line across the bottom of the screen obscuring the control bar. I phoned their tech line Sunday before last, where a young man named Ryan promised to refer the case to a computer expert on Monday, to see if the problem could be solved by instructions down the phone, or if the computer might need a new screen. He asked me to email him pictures of the screen to show the problem, and this I did, and included the times I would arrive home for the next three days.

No one phoned. I emailed again. Nothing. I referred the matter to the manager. Nothing. I emailed the company itself twice via their website. Nothing.

I have had to refer the case to the consumer watchdog. Offering such a guarantee when you do not actually implement it is tantamount to fraud, and I am determined to take this the whole way.


No, NOT mine.

5 comments:

JoJo said...

OMG Sony is just blowing you off? I'm really surprised by that!! How old is the computer?

Eliza said...

Good luck!! I do wish I had your attitude when it comes to getting the service I deserve..I'm more likely to smile and accept the crap. I need to grow a backbone I think :-)

Anonymous said...

Me too Eliza. I hate even returning stuff to the store and asking for my money back If I happened to buy wrong thing. That's where my husband comes in, he doesn't put up with any shit. Good thing, otherwise I'd still be paying the bill for a broken cell phone one day past warranty, and a broken camera that I used only twice.
I admire your determination Val!

SnarkAngel said...

Go get 'em, Val!!

Music Wench said...

You get 'em, Val. I hate it when companies mess with you like that. I just had the weekend from hell courtesy of Sprint. When our contract is up we're looking for a new provider.

Hang in there and don't let them get you down!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake