View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

From Shrink to Shrunk

In the early 1960s there was a great TV show called The Human Jungle, which starred Herbert Lom as a psychiatrist. It was a great show. I can still recall the spisode where Joan Collins danced naked on a tube station platform.

It disappeared, never to be seen again. Like The Expert, starring Marius Goring and a very young Robert Powell, it has sunk into the abyss whence black-and-white programmes never emerge. I wish someone would find them and give them another airing.



Lom, who was born in Czechoslovakia, next came to widespread attention as Police Chief Inspector Dreyfus in the Pink Panther movies. I loved the eye twitch when Clouseau drove him crazy, but the scenes in the insane asylum were among the best. This scene continues with a knicker-wettingly funny sequence with the garden rake, but I could only find it in an extremely long excerpt on YouTube. You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIz6YpMXz1U&feature=related



A week or two agao I saw in the birthday listings in my newspaper that Herbert Lom is now 93. I don't know how old this picture is, but by george, he's looking well. Long may he flourish.


7 comments:

Ducky said...

I agree, Val. I always thought he was a class act. Looks great in that picture. We all should age that well.

JoJo said...

Wow he does look good for his age!

Music Wench said...

I love him!!! He looks great for his age. And I really loved him in the Pink Panther movies. :-D

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love him in the "Pink Panther" movies...his eye! He looks fantastic!

jazzy said...

Joan Collins danced naked on a tube station platform? Cool! Hey, wouldn't it be great if Vincent danced that way?

Jean said...

yeh, jazzy, sing it....

jazzy said...

*sings it*
:)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake