View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, January 03, 2010

WooWho

At last I have narrowed down my degrees to Vincent D'Onofrio! I am now easily within the traditional 6.

And it's all down to Dr Who.

The starting point can be in one of two places. Years ago I worked with someone who had Tom Baker as a lodger when he was at drama school. More recently there was Wayne Foskett.

Wayne is an actor, and I taught his son who, when I appealed to his knowledge on meeting blank faces when I invoked the name of Tom Baker (whom I had just seen on Charing Cross railway station, but I'm not counting that) told the class who he was. When I asked how he knew, young Tom said, "Oh, I think he came to dinner once."

When he was a child, the outgoing Dr Who, David Tennant, met Tom Baker when Baker was signing copies of his book. It inspired him to want to act, and ultimately play The Doctor himself.
In the final episode screened on Friday night, The Doctor's mother was played by Claire Bloom.

And as we all know, this veteran actress played opposite our dearly beloved Vincent D'Onofrio in the LOCI episode Unrequited.





So how many degrees is that now, darling? Did I hear you say 5?
Why, we're practically related. Married even.
If only.



13 comments:

Labs_n_SD said...

I am happy to say I just figured out I have only 4 Degrees - man that seems so close ... and yet so far away.

Now this year, my link is going to introduce me to her link (for totally different reasons) which would then get me down to 3 Degrees ... again seems so close.

fuzzytweetie said...

I don't even have any degrees, sob..:(

No hope of any either.....

Labs_n_SD said...

I meet Sam Trammel last summer and we actually talked about his gig on LOCI and working with Vincent. Wow, then I would be really close! Too bad I don't think that really counts ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm still 'steeling' myself to watch the final double episode of David Tennant as 'Dr Who'. At least it'll get me in practice for the final double episodes of someone else *sobs*

My mother's name is Phyllis, same as Vincent's mom, and my dog (when he was alive) was the same breed as the puppy Rodney in VOG - which is not the same breed he mysteriously grew up into. As far as I'm concerned, that means Vincent and I are clearly 'made' for each other, he just hasn't 'found' me yet...*whistles 'n' shouts: over here sweetheart!*

Eliza said...

I don't think I have any degrees either..but I know you, so that sort of counts :-)

I watched the final David Tennant episode and, this is bad, just told Matt that I thought she was looking better now than she did in CI..he just looked at me with the pitying look he gets when I can't help bringing V or LOCI into the conversation.

JoJo said...

Good job Val! I haven't tried to figure out how many degrees I am to him. My cousin Diane worked on several movies in the 80's and early 90's so hopefully I'm within 6 too.

SnarkAngel said...

Wow! Great job, Val! I've wracked my brain and can't come up with any degrees for myself ... should make for a fun new goal, though!

Unknown said...

I can't believe I can say this...but I shook his hand just a few months ago! His grip was firm but not too powerful, warm, soft to touch. I'd recommend it! He was very kind.

jazzy said...

But if you were closely related to him, you wouldn't be allowed to do 'certain things' to him.

mauigirl said...

Yes jazzy, I agree. I'd rather be his "production assistant" than his sister.

val said...

Labs, of course it counts. But Amy is the closest. (Bitch!)

You know I don't really mean that. Much.

Eliza, I think they really went to town on her in LOCI to make her look like a pathetic bit of mutton cressed as lamb. She really is still quite attractive, not to mention shapelier than the sack they made her look like in LOCI.

jazzy said...

I like your idea, maui! Go for the production assistant job - while I try to become his personal set dresser. Would be fun!

JoJo said...

Snarkangel: If Val is 5 degrees from Vincent, wouldn't that make all of us 6 degrees from him b/c we all know Val??

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake