View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Anyone for Supper?

The Metro newspaper that is given away at railway and tube stations in London every morning today carried an article about a liger. Unfortunately they didn't publish the same photos on their website. These pictures appeared to show big boy Hercules in London, at Abbey Road, and almost reaching up to the top of a double-decker bus. But he lives in the US, and the scenery was fake.

Hercules is 12 foot tall and weighs 900lbs. He lives in Florida and helps with wildlife education. Apparently his father (a lion) took a fancy to his tiger mother. These matings produce a creature that is bigger than either parent - sometimes bigger than BOTH parents! But they have a tendency to become obese and must have their diets carefully controlled. (Rather you than me, keeper!)

If the mating is male tiger/female lion, then the offspring (a tigon) is normal in size.

Hercules is officially the biggest big cat in the world, according to the Guinness Book of Records.


Hercules is a big head.

And S-T-R-E-T-C-H!


Paw little boy.

8 comments:

JoJo said...

Holy smokes that is one big cat!!! Is he somewhat docile? I sure wouldn't want to see that grocery bill! lol

SnarkAngel said...

He's HUGE and BEAUTIFUL and CUDDLY! Sounds like someone else we know ... or at least ... would LOVE to know.

Jane said...

Here Kitty Kitty!

Eliza said...

I saw the pictures you mentioned in a daily paper too..even though the bus isn't full size it did look funny with him stretching and putting his paws on the top..but I wouldn't want to get too close to him I don't think, no matter how docile he is

Anonymous said...

My mother would probably need to hire a tractor if that cat crapped in her garden!!! She HATES cats, mainly because they pooh regularly in her flower beds....

Unknown said...

What a beautiful cat! I would like to cuddle him!! Wow! ;o)

jazzy said...

Aaaaaw cuddly baby boy

Anonymous said...

He's gorgeous, geez, I can't believe how huge he is! When I first read your post I thought you had misspelled "tiger" until I finished the whole thing, LOL. Thanx for the education and beautiful pictures you've shared!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake