View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, August 04, 2008

So farewell then


I have to bid my bathroom scales goodbye. They were given to me by my mother-in-law over 30 years ago (along with an ironing board which is still going strong, largely because it gets so little use). She died back in 1987.

The scales have a blue and green butterfly design on them. They have never been completely accurate, but as long as I only ever weighed myself on them, I had a good idea of comparative weights.

Today they lied absolutely. They stuck at 9 stone (126 lbs) which would have been good news if it had been anywhere near my actual weight.

10 comments:

jazzy said...

i hope you don't want to look like kate moss on diet! i did, it was no fun.
you'll feel better without scales, and - hey, look at our hot beefy vincent!

SnarkAngel said...

Have to agree with Jazzy on this one!

MYM said...

damn, send that scale to me ;)

Claire said...

I hate my scale, especially after a summertime of diet laziness!

judith said...

i still have an iron i bought just before youngest was born and it still works!! youngest son is now 30.!!

JoJo said...

Please send the scale to me. I haven't been 9 stone since I was 13.

JoJo said...

Please send the scale to me. I haven't been 9 stone since I was 13.

Eliza said...

I was going to say what jojo did!!! I can't actually remember when I was 9 stone,only that it was a long long time ago.

Anonymous said...

So, how much do you want for those scales?? Mind you, I don't step on anything these days that might tell me how much I weigh, even if it was a lie!

JoJo said...

Eliza - the only reason I remember that I was in 8th grade is that I was on a 1200 calorie a day diet to get down to 120 and I plateaued at 126. My mother was on my ass to lose that last 6 lbs.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake