View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, December 10, 2007

The road from a crush...

...to an obsession.

In April 2004, at the tender age of 51, osteo-arthritis caused me to need a total hip replacement. When I came out of hospital I was pretty much housebound for a while, and I started to watch my videos of LOCI. At that time we only had Season 1 in the UK.

I became interested in the dates which appeared with the "doink, doinks" and wondered if they ever overlapped between episodes, and if the outfits were ever different for the same date. Unfortunately I had not labelled the tapes properly, and had no idea of the correct order of the episodes.

So I sat down with a large notebook and made a series of charts to record plotline, date, he wore, she wore. I made notes on every scene in every episode.

By the time I'd finished that, there was nothing else I ever wanted to watch.

As for research - all the dates are completely bogus, so I could draw no conclusions about continuity at all. But I did notice when he "changed" his teeth.












































































10 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

I think Mr. D'Onofrio was relieved when he finally got his "teeth fixed." LOL. He mentioned it in an interview once.

Anonymous said...

When I first started watching, I always remember being frustrated -in SO many ways ;0) - that noone ever called each other by name! It seemed to be weeks before my detective duo landed on someone's doorstep and he announced 'I'm Detective Robert Goren and this is Detective Alex Eames'

Old teeth, new teeth, it's still Vincent - and I love him.

JoJo said...

I prefer his old teeth way more. He may like the new ones better, but that little overlap was just too adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

yes,yes,for ME nice teeth are important,but he's teeth were never too bad.ok,now they look much better.but he has such a AMAZING smile;i never notised what shape he's teeth were in!!!what A MAN!!!!!

Claire said...

I liked his old teeth, they had character. But, hell he looked good then and whatyaknow, he Still looks excellent!

Anonymous said...

Oh, teeth. I love his teeth. I hope cosmetic reasons weren't the only reason his teeth were fixed. It's nice to have your real teeth your whole life. Keep your teeth healthy now and you won't be removing part of your face and dropping it in a glass of water at night later.

Straight, white teeth just add to his overall aura of gorgeousness.

BobbyG said...

I kept a similar binder...only I was noting specific dialogue I liked...the number of tongue flicks...how often he pulled out his knife. Stuff like that.

Axe said...

I agree with the ladies. The old teeth gave him character. Not some perfect Hollywood pretty boy, but a REAL person, which made his mannerisms even more sexy!

Fuck, I miss him!

Eliza said...

I miss his old teeth too....but I think I read somewhere that he had them fixed because they were starting to cause him some pain?? I may have made that up though,rather than think he had it done for vanity :-)

Can't say I ever kept a binder,but I did get the internet connected so I could find out about this wonderfully handsome man...even if I couldn't spell or pronounce his name at the time

Jane said...

Stuck at home. Watch Bobby non-stop...You're a smart girl Val!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake