View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It was worth it!

There has been an ad for Cadbury's dairy Milk chocolate on TV recently, with a closeup of a guy in a gorilla suit apparently listening to this Phil Collins song, then suddenly he launches into the drumming part.

One of my autistic students has been driving us mad with this for weeks. Then today we had the school talent show, and he was the featured drummer and singer in a performance of the number. He was GREAT!

Thanks to Macegrove for the video.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever thought this one up is a genius! First time I saw it, I don't think I even had a clue what it was advertising, but I just thought 'what a cool ad'

Glad you have a budding 'baby-gorilla' in your class there Val
;0)

Anonymous said...

Very clever and cute.

Eliza said...

I love this ad...it was just so cleverly done,with no fanfare about what the product was.

Nice to hear that your pupil did such a great job too...hope he enjoyed it :-)

SnarkAngel said...

Have never seen the ad! Thanks for sharing, Val!

Claire said...

That's brilliant! I'll take some of that chocolate...
I can definitely see the appeal to the autistic crowd.

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT!I had such fun watching it!!

Anonymous said...

Too bad they cut out almost half the song; I LOVE this song! I've always wanted to do air drumming with it.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake