View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, December 29, 2007

News Update

I have just ordered another copy of Guy from Ebay that the seller SWEARS is in its cellophane wrapper and NOT a burn. I actually queried the first copy with the seller when I got it because it had no proper case, and I was told they'd got it at the Sundance festival as was.

Just to recap for Jane/Janey/Lexy/Frogger regarding the copyright protection message I'm getting on Season 5 Episode 21, when I had the copyright problem on an earlier episode, I tried out a connector I had bought to try and convert my NTSC videos to DVD, but no deal. The manufacturer of my TV-video informed me that there was no output on the video except to the TV. So I dug out my old video recorder (which incorporates a DVD player), manipulated the scart plugs till I got a feed from the player to my HDD/DVD - where the episode lurked on the HDD, but was also displaying the protected message when I tried to copy it to DVD - and then put in my video (yes, I had recorded it to video as well as HDD and Sky+). This I copied to the HDD, then edited it and transferred it to DVD.

So, thanks, Jane, but it's actually not as easy as you make it sound. It's do-able, and I will do it, but it will take several hours that I have not yet had to spare. This nightmare journey was originally posted on here by me at a stage when you were obviously not reading my blog.

8 comments:

Axe said...

Hi sweetness,

Just saying HI, is all!

Love ya!

SnarkAngel said...

Your techno savvy never fails to amaze me.

JoJo said...

Well I'm glad you can figure this stuff out....it's all Greek to me.

Anonymous said...

Something that gets me is that everything is in acronyms: DVD, HDD, TV, HDTV, VCR, so on and so forth.

That sounds like way too much trouble. I could barely follow it. For the safety of the myself and the people around me, I will never attempt something like that.

Eliza said...

I hope you get a real copy(?) of Guy this time. I know the first copy I bought(on Ebay) was just a tape that had been taken from the TV.

Good luck with the techno nightmare if you manage to find the time to do it.I'm stuck with plain old VHS tapes after a particularly nasty cat decided that she didn't like the dvd recorder and destroyed it.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you just said with the techno stuff, but I'm impressed!

As for 'Guy', I still think you'd be safer ordering from one of the 'official' outlets from one of the links Eliza sent, but good luck with the Ebay seller anyway. The only thing I've ever bought from Ebay (I'm not a huge fan to be honest) was 'Claire Dolan' on Region 1 VHS. Happily, it was indeed as described i.e.still in it's cellophane wrapper, and brand new. Problem was, they wouldn't ship to the UK, so I had to have it sent to my aunt in Connecticut who then sent it to me.

Fingers crossed for you.

Jane said...

Well I know I cannot copy NTSC signals on my DVD recorder/VCR due to the region code and "copy protection signals" but I have never had problems with Sky recordings ( if SKY copy protected its programmes, then SKY+ would be a waste of time)So unless your copy of "On Fire" was from an American source ( which won't record to DVD) you shouldn't have had an probs with Hallmark episodes-since we both live on the same island.

Jane said...

cont..Of course if you are trying to record "pre recorded" tapes to DVD then you might have a prob on either format as the device may detect the copy protecting tab on the Tape- happy investigating though-sorry if I came in at the last moment.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake