View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, October 25, 2007

I was NOT shouting!

Today I had to phone up the local education authority, as they had made a mistake on my last pay claim. The person who deals with the place where I work was on another line, so I left a message and waited for her to call back. An hour-and-a-half later I called her again. No matter how many times I told her the pay claim was already in, so there was no point in calling the school, she just didn't get it. I tried to ask her whether it was she or the payroll department who would have made the calculations, but she wasn't listening. I may have raised my voice slightly to try and get myself heard over her waffling, but I did NOT shout. She, however, accused me of shouting at her. I assured her I was not (I have a big, voice, for goodness' sake, I teach and I sing opera) but she insisted.

So I told her again that I wasn't shouting, then told her that I CAN shout.

I told her very loudly. In full operatic, fill-the-theatre-to-the-rafters volume.

*I then phoned payroll and spoke to a very nice woman who informed me that there was a mistake, she had made it, and I could come along and pick up the difference as soon as I could get there. I have now spent it :)*

5 comments:

Eliza said...

I'm sure you can shout very loudly if you feel the need...after all you have pretty large lungs :p

At least you got yours sorted on the same day.J occasionally works for an agency and they didn't pay him at all last week.Their cock-up because they didn't pick his time sheet up on time,our problem because it took them three days to sort it out :-(

JoJo said...

I'll bet you can shout when you want to!!!

OK Eliza, 'splain "cock-up"!

BobbyG said...

I love your description: fill the theatre to the rafters volume. I have that volume, too, however, I do not sing opera.

SnarkAngel said...

After an experience like that, the only thing that seems to help me get through it is a strong dose of Vincent-exposure. Thank goodness for VDO.

Eliza said...

jojo: as nice as it sounds,cock-up just means mistake,same as balls-up,fuck-up,etc..the English language is very versatile LOL

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake