View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Autumn at Emmetts

Emmetts Garden, on which I did a summer post, is famous for its bluebells in spring and its autumn colour.

Thanks to the vagaries of the seasons, I have never yet seen the blubells at their best - they are either only just coming out, or they are beginning to fade.

I've never seen the autumn colour for the same reason - autumn is either too early, and the leaves have gone or, more likely, it hasn't started properly and the garden has closed up for the winter (which it does on October 31st).

I went along today, and some trees are losing leaves without doing more than just fading a bit. Others are just looking a bit anaemic. Even the acers (decorative maples) pictured below started life dark red, and have just intensified their colour to make them look so stunning. Really, for autumn colour, this was it.

12 comments:

BobbyG said...

Beautiful hardly describes it, but that will have to do for now. Have always wanted to visit England, but since that isn't likely to happen in this life time, I am so grateful you share bits and pieces of it through your blog. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

My drive to work isn't usually that picturesque, but at the moment, the tree along the canal are really putting on a show!

Anonymous said...

Um.... there's more than one tree (sorry!)

JoJo said...

Gorgeous!!!! Our foliage looks great too.

SnarkAngel said...

Lovely. We're missing some (not all) of our usual autumn colors here in Chicagoland, too. Those summer temps kept popping back up.

Unknown said...

how beautiful. it strikes me that this place is beautiful all year round, no matter when you visit. but, continue to do so and to take lovely pix.

Unknown said...

how beautiful. it strikes me that this place is beautiful all year round, no matter when you visit. but, continue to do so and to take lovely pix.

Regina Caschetto said...

Dear Val-
What a gorgeous photo-
Thanks for sharing-
Regi.

Claire said...

Wow, that's lovely. We don't have nearly enough color here.

DonW said...

Great pix Val, thats why I'm saving up to come over there again.

Jane said...

Beautiful. Our color isn't lasting..One day it's cold, the next hot. I wish it would just make up it's mind!

Axe said...

How I envy all you Northern Hesipherians.....
We're starting to fucking FRY here again!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake