View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dexter

I missed episode 1 of this new programme, but it's now become a must-see. I also discovered that the novel on which it is based has been in my very large pile of "books waiting to be read" for some months. I read it really quickly, and found the sequel in the bookshop the other day. The author, Jeff Lindsay, is a new writer, and on this evidence looks like being a very successful one.


Basically, childhood trauma turned Dexter into a psycho serial killer, but the cop who fostered him recognised it, and set him rules to live by. So he only kills serial killers that the cops can't convict. And his day job? Forensic blood-spatter expert for the Miami-Dade police department!

Dexter is played by Michael C. Hall, the gay brother in Six Feet Under.

6 comments:

mary said...

Watched this the first season, it is good! ahpoe this year is the same level!!

cathy said...

If only life was that simple!

Liz said...

Hey girl :),

Have to say I don’t know this one, but hope to see it (you got me curious).

Jane said...

I haven't seen this yet, but I want to!

abc said...

i don't think this airs in germany, but the story sounds really interesting. and kinda intelligent, too. is this an american series? maybe i can catch a glimpse of it then in the us.

Eliza said...

I've seen it advertised,but never actually watched it...I'll have to give it a go after that review

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake