View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Stuff Orange!

I missed you all yesterday so badly. I was connected to the internet in a very basic way that let me Instant Message with JoJo, but refused to let me on to my blog or anybody else's, and I couldn't reach my email accounts either. I managed to get Google and some links on from there, but the next linked was blocked - except on Orange, my ISP. I phoned their helpline at a pretty hefty rate, was left in a queue for ages, then told it was their fault because of maintenance. If I wanted a refund I could call another number. That is, spend more in phone calls than they are ever going to refund.

Maybe if they'd given us some notice we could all have saved our pockets and our sanity.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Your ISP charges you for long distance to their tech support? Do all ISP's have long distance phone numbers? I defer all that stuff to hubby.

One time I called MSN's tech support and they asked where I was located. Well, Microsoft is in Redmond, WA, so I said, "oh just down the highway from you, in Tacoma" and she laughed and said, "I'm in Nova Scotia!" Even though I dialed a Redmond #, tech support was in Halifax.

Eliza said...

For one thing,call centers suck,and for another thing,being without the net sucks even more!

I'm sorry you had so much trouble yesterday.I have a dial-up account(just pay-as-you-go) for those moments that Tiscali decides I can't connect.I'd go mad otherwise :)

Eliza xxxxxx

val said...

It sounded like the call centre was in India.

Theoretically I haven't ditched my dial-up, Eliza, but by the time I thought of trying it, I had to use my desktop sign-in and only the broadband connection comes up on that.

Now I think about it, I could probably have gone through the control panel.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake