View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, September 03, 2006

More from Alberta

Geoff, pictured here with Donna, was carving a kind of meat thermometer to put in the fire pit and measure when the meat was cooked. He explained where the technique came from as he sliced off bark at intervals, and how it worked, AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF US BOUGHT IT. As one of the cousins later said, since when did wood conduct heat? But Geoff was really convincing...


The Legislature in Edmonton


The steam train that takes you round to the different periods at Fort Edmonton Park


Island Lake, Athabasca
The end view of my cousin's house at Island Lake , seen as long ago as the previous post...


A goat at West Edmonton Mall

3 comments:

JoJo said...

What Geoff did to you guys is just HILARIOUS!!! hahahahaha What a great sense of humour. Be thankful he didn't send you into the woods on a "snipe hunt". Your family sounds like a great & fun bunch of folks.

Loved the goat at W. Edmonton Mall; I told you it was a big place. Never been, but I watched a documentary on it.

Right b/f you left I was watching some TV show or documentary or something, and they briefly showed downtown Athabasca! How beautiful!

lisa said...

Beautiful pics, Val. But, I have to ask, why is there a goat in the mall??

val said...

Lisa, I think they have a petting zoo, and I imagine the goat came from there. It was a perfectly confident little creature, untethered but with a keeper.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake