View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, August 17, 2006

New Forest and Back

Yesterday I went to Southampton by train to visit my cousin Joyce and her husband Oliver, who live in the New Forest. It was a great day, just for their company, even without the great meal and getting my only chance this year to paddle in the sea.

This picture is off the internet, but there is an area of the forest just like this, complete with New Forest ponies, ten minutes walk from their house. There is also a portion of the forest behnid their house, and the deer wander along their street sometimes, or lean across their hedge, looking beautiful but being very destructive.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

What makes the area a new forest? Was there an old forest there? Did you guys go out in the water on a little boat?

lisa said...

Oh, I love ponies! What an idyllic sounding place... How sweet! You are so lucky, Val...
And, yes, what does "New Forest" refer to??

eliza said...

I love the New forest,we used to camp there when I was a kid.For a pony mad girl like me,it was heaven,just spotting them through the trees.I never wanted to go anywhere else,not even the seaside.

thanks for bringing back some lovely memories

Eliza xxxxxx

JoJo said...

Are they wild ponies?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake