View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Anthony Gormley - at last!

Definitely my favourite modern sculptor - you can keep your Damien Hursts and Tracy Emins. This is the Angel of the North. I thinks it's a truly inspired work. It stands on a hill near Gateshead, and the motorway passes by. I'd crash because I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off it. Critics have said the wings look like those of an aircraft. I can't see that's a problem.




There was a sculpture like this at Greenwich near the Millennium Dome, this may even be it. I missed it, stupidly. Actually, it could even still be there for all I know. I've never even been to the Dome, even though it's jsut a few miles away.


These thousands of little terracotta figures filled the floor of a gallery. I think they're really cute.



I know nothing about these two terracotta figures, but I think they are interesting pieces. I can imagine Bobby "thinking about them".

5 comments:

daydream believer said...

i can relate to that last one..banging my head against the wall! this is what i found on hoodia http://www.researchhoodia.info/
oh and if you have a dell laptop...check the website for your battery, they have a recall

Jane said...

Fascinating artist Val....Thank you for posting his work

JoJo said...

It's....interesting...but not my cuppa tea. The wings of the angel do look like plane wings though!!

ann said...

you're right about Damien and Tracy, but I'm out on this one too. I am more into Epstein

lisa said...

Wow, those are interesting and beautiful. Thank you for the lovely photos Val !

And I agree, Bobby would love them!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake