View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Prayers, please

















My cousin George is the life and soul of the family. He's pictured here with my cousin Joyce at her daughter's wedding last August. It was a great family occasion.

He's led a blameless life, a hardworking non-smoker who'd rather have a pint of tea than a pint of beer. He always loved steamrollers and steam engines, and has rebuilt Land Rovers and old army vehicles over the years. Now he has found out that more than 40 years ago, in one of the hard physical jobs he has done in a lifetime of work, he inhaled asbestos, and now has an asbestos related lung tumour. He's about to undergo radiotherapy. The doctors have not committed themselves to a prognosis.

I don't have faith in a god, but if any of you do, please pray for him. He deserves a long and fruitful old age.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope George can beat it!! My dad worked in the shipyards after WW2 and was a plumber, and exposed to a great deal of asbestos. The dr. diagnosed "lung cancer", but I believe that it was mesothelioma from asbestos. Dad gave up smoking in 1964.

ann said...

val, my thoughts and prayers are with you and believe me people do recover; it does happen. Also, without wishing to be morbid, at his age this diagnosis may not be the reason he departs this world... cancer cells grow at a much slower rate. Most of my friends who have died were in their 40's... those I know who have it in their 70's survive it far better. I do hope this is true. I will put him in my prayers.

lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

Criminal Minds Fan said...

My prayers are certainly with you and your family. Jill

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with George, and with you, Val.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake