View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, June 22, 2006

Blogger is playing silly games

Here am I, trying to do one of my educational posts, and blogger will only post this photo. Over and over again, no matter which one I highlight. I want to give you the Cutty Sark, a tea clipper in dry dock in Greenwich (the home of the zero degrees meridian). It's nearly 140 years old, and was once the fastest vessel doing the tea run from the east.

This is the prow of the ship with its figurehead. Cutty Sark is a character from a Robbie Burns poem.

I'l try later to get some more pictures to post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've often wondered why the creators of the figureheads always had to make them topless....

val said...

Only way to get a thrill in those days?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake