View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, May 12, 2006

Sad Stories

Photos are not loading today, so I'll have to make do with print.

I was tutoring a little boy with a (frequently) fatal disease today. He wanted me to help him write the next episode of a story he started with his previous tutor. It was called Sudden Death.

I didn't want to upset him by asking about his obsession with death. Next time I think I'll try to direct his creative talents towards an adventure story.

2 comments:

Finn said...

Something about overcoming obstacles, perhaps?

I'm not a child psychologist, but it may be helpful to look at stories which deal positively with the subject of "overwhelming odds" - and not necessarily in a life-or-death situation.

However, if the concept of death is troubling him, writing might be a better way to express his thoughts and fears than keeping it all locked in.

Just my two cents :-)

val said...

Thanks Finn. I'll bear that in mind. Wish i was a child psychologist.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake