View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, December 28, 2012

Memories of Childhood

I can't imagine any of us grew up without watching at least one of Gerry Anderson's puppet shows - Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, to name but two.


But one of his shows is never mentioned, barely remembered, but a great favourite of mine. Meet Twizzle, the boy with the magic ratchety arms and legs:


He could miraculously stretch his legs and arms to reach things that started out beyond his little boy's reach, and I loved him. Farewell Gerry Anderson, you did us all proud.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Isn't it sad to see our childhood actors and actresses passing away? We lost Jack Klugman and Charles Durning on Christmas Eve too.

Anonymous said...

Being a mere child (ahem!) the first Gerry Anderson show I remember is 'Fireball XL5' which I used to love. RIP Gerry, your shows were a HUGE part of my childhood; my first crush was Troy Tempest from 'Stingray'! OK, there were strings attached, but.... (sorry ;0))

Eliza said...

Joe90 was the one I remembered best..Thunderbirds my brothers liked, but I never really got it :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake