View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, November 21, 2011

Unfair!

Earlier in the year I wote to The Guardian newspaper to ask them to include Vincent in their Birthdays column. They didn't. Since then, they have included Eric Bogosian and Jeff Goldblum.
On November 8th they even included someone called Parker Posey.
WHO???

She!

Never seen her, never heard of her.

I've emailed the paper again, and I'm pretty sure I've been kissed off. So, Vixens, how about a campaign? Just email reader@guardian.co.uk to suggest his inclusion. I mentioned some of his most noted films, and of course Criminal Intent. Maybe if enough of us nudge them, they might just think, "Ah, this man has a following, let's put his birthday in our column."

Most of the people they currently include are even more obscure than Parker Posey, and of less interest than the most uninteresting person you can think of.

Come on, Vixens, you know we can do this!

10 comments:

vikeau said...

They have until June 30, 2012 to get it right. Although the inclusion of Eric and Jeff might be a good sign. Posey Parker, I've heard of her but I couldn't tell you what she's done.

Eliza said...

Even the Oxford Mail manages to include him in the birthday column..

Music Wench said...

The only reason I know Parker Posey is because the name is unusual. I have no idea of what she's done, though.

This is outrageous. Vincent is more well-known than Eric Bogosian (although I'm glad he's in as I have adored him since my college days). What is the deal with The Guardian! Have they not seen Full Metal Jacket or Men In Black?

Oh well, who knows how they come up with their criteria. Maybe you have to have an odd name like Parker Posey.

JoJo said...

She was BRILLIANT in "Best in Show". I like her. She's a very gifted comedianne and improvisationalist. She was also in "A Mighty Wind".

vikeau said...

@JoJo I've seen both of those movies. I don't remember which character she played. Which may be a good thing.

havers said...

I never heard about Parker Posey before she filmed Sunny Side Up together with Kathryn.

It's really strange that the Guardian didn't know Vincent.

Anonymous said...

Let's face it, there are LOTS of people who don't know who the hell Vincent is (I actually quite like that aspect!) and most of the media think his only two movies are 'FMJ' and 'MIB'... and they STILL say stupid things like 'Gee, you were the BUG??!' as if this was 'news'.

At least WE celebrate his birthday :0)

judith said...

They've even put his birthday in our local evening paper..which was great to see.

mauigirl said...

Maybe someone at the Guardian loves Greta? It is strange that they would include Bogosian, he's not very well known at all, and really more for writing & theatre, don't you think? I love Parker Posey and have seen many of her films, but still, she's very indy. Why the heck she'd be on a birthday list, I have no idea. Actually, seems this list is of the fave actors of the person putting the list together.

JoJo said...

Vikeau, in Best in Show she played the neurotic yuppy owner of the neurotic Weimerarner (sp?). Remember she went into the pet store and was screaming at the clerk for a Bee toy?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake