View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, November 25, 2011

Bobby was wrong!

Whenever I see Cherry Red, which was on last night, I am always disappointed at Bobby's assumptions and assertions about the victim Kate. He tells Eames she was right-handed because her gums were more worn on the left side, and right-handed people brush more vigorously on the left side. He then applies that nugget to her descent of the stairs - "She would have been coming down the right side of the staircase".

Well, I'm right-handed, and I descend the stairs on the left whenever I can. So Bobby was wrong. HE IS FALLIBLE.

He is human!

He is gorgeous.

6 comments:

bobbybegood1 said...

Have mercy!!! I was wondering when you were going to get around to this ep. Because of his synopsis of her death - I NOW BRUSH MY TEETH MORE VIGOROUSLY ON THE RIGHT SIDE TO TRY TO THROW ANYONE OFF WHEN I DIE. I am right-handed too, but I have never given much thought as to which side I descend or ascend stairs. I think I like to go down on my right side. Just easier if traffic is coming toward me. However, going down the stairs on my right makes my turn wider. Thanks for the suggestion - I will now go down stairs on my left. Wonderful post, Val. Cheers!!

JoJo said...

I've never thought about what side I descend stairs on. I'll have to pay attention next time. I usually pick whatever side has the best railing. I agree about the toothbrushing though, I do the left better than the right, as a right handed person.

Music Wench said...

Great observation!

I can't use myself as an example as I am one of those who should have been left-handed but ended up being 'corrected' so I ended up right-handed. As a result, I do some things like a right handed person and others as a left handed person and some I can do either left or right.

val said...

To be honest, Music Wench, I'm cack-handed. I do some things wrong for a righty, such as shuffling and dealing cards. At home the handrail is on the right as I descend, and since my hip replacement, I just hug the wall to go downstairs, which means there's a dark shadow on the wall where a handrail should be!

vikeau said...

Yeah, this was the episode where I was like, the writers went over board. But what the hey, he's still cute as all get out.

Music Wench said...

I deal cards left handed, too! My dad - who was also 'corrected' as a child and should have been a lefty - taught me so there was no mom trying to correct me. Most things I do left handed were things she didn't notice like opening jars or things my dad taught me like dealing cards or carving meat.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake