View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside

Another visit yesterday to another cousin. This is the cousin who lives in the New Forest. I took a train down to Southampton, where she and her husband picked me up and took me to their daughter's new apartment in the seaside town of Bournemouth.

After lunch in a pub restaurant, we strolled down to the beach. There are lots of decorated lion models in the area, and we passed this one.


Whenever I am near the sea, I have to dunk my toes in the waves. It's just one of those things I have to do. There were windsurfers all along the coast.

My cousin's daughter took this picture of the windsurfer. It would never have occurred to me to tilt the camera like that to get him and his kite in.

Later we went into the town and had some coffee and cakes at a lovely little shop called Chocol8. Sadly the daughter, who has had two brain operations to remove benign tumours, can no longer enjoy chocolate, as it tastes completely bland to her. Luckily she still loves cake though.

6 comments:

JoJo said...

Great pics! Was the water cold? I love the painted lion.

val said...

The water wasn't warm, JoJo, but it was tolerable.

Ruby said...

Beautiful, Val!

vikeau said...

Looks like the Lion from the Narnia books/movies. It looks abosolutely lovely. Never beeen to the English seaside, only to places like London and York.

Unknown said...

The painted lion is awesome! Thanks for sharing, Val :)

Eliza said...

There's just something about the sea isn't there? maybe because we're both landlocked? I saw about the lions on a programme a while back I think..Liverpool had elephants if I remember right

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake