View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, July 25, 2011

Alien Invasion?

This morning, at about 10 to 6 (!!!), as I was getting ready to let the hens out, I heard a strange sound coming from I knew not where. It was ethereal. I turned my head this way and that without being able to locate it. Then suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something overhead that seemed to be the source of the heavenly ringing. I rushed in to get my camera.



I have no idea where they came from, or where they were going to. I have even less idea why they were emitting such strange musical tones. But it was a magic moment. I think it was what the ancients had in mind when they imagined that the universe made music.

And here am I in the middle of London!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to do that some day....

Eliza said...

Diane, you would have to go without me :-p

We have a balloon festival in Oxford and I know they do a 'musical burn', but I don't think they fly to music..must have been quite eerie

Anonymous said...

Eliza, I'm crushed to learn you won't be joining me as we sail at sunrise above the Serengetti in Africa, to the accompanying strains of the love theme from 'Out of Africa'.... I wonder if Vincent is OK with heights?? ;0)

ann said...

... what a beautiful way to be woken up (other than beside bobby bobby)

Music Wench said...

Lovely sight to wake up to. I don't have the nerve to go up in one of those. I can barely handle airplanes. lol

Anonymous said...

We used to have hot air balloons fly over all the time advertising different real estate establishments. LOL, none of those now since the housing market has gone in the dumper. I remember how loud they were and definitely noticeable.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake