View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, May 20, 2011

Sweetest Thing Ever

Before the death of little Tiny, I had promised a couple of friends to take them to the zoo. I could barely bring myself to enter the place, but a promise is a promise.

They had a good time, and it was interesting to learn from a well-informed anonymous source that the baby gorilla was put in with the adult male at the insistence of some high mucky-muck self-styled expert, against the will of the keepers. I have contacted ZSL and suggested that this person or persons should be put in with big Kesho and left to fend for themselves just as the poor little baby was. I won't hold my breath.

Meanwhile, one friend who had not been to the zoo since her childhood wanted to see the tropical bird house. We couldn't believe our eyes when we spotted these two baby crowned plovers with their parents.

They are very well-camouflaged. One is in front of the bird on the right, the other is between the adults:


Here are the two little soldiers marching in a line:


They decided to snuggle up under the parent's breast, and just after I took this photo, all that was visible (just) was two pairs of little legs:


Squee or what?

4 comments:

JoJo said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! Total SQUEEE!!!!

Music Wench said...

They're adorable! Thanks for sharing these photos. And I agree, put that moron in there with the adult gorilla and see how well he does. Idiot. Sounds like he has no common sense what-so-ever.

Eliza said...

Very squee! I had to look really hard at the first pictures to spot them..maybe I need new glasses :-)

Unknown said...

They're adorable and tiny! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake