View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Huh?

Every week, when I do my "big shop" at the supermarket, I buy flowers in memory of my departed pets. This dates from the day after my first pussy cat loss, in 1991, when a neighbour bought me some flowers after my Biggles died.

This is the kind of sight that confronts me as I walk into whatever store I'm visiting - hordes of colourful blooms:



Today, almost the only thing left was a selection of half dead bunches dotted around some empty buckets. Where have all the flowers gone (long time passing...)?


Gone to street parties every one? I wonder. I don't know of any going on, perhaps there's just one really big one near this particular supermarket.


I managed to snag one decent bunch of yellow carnations tipped with dark red. Kitties and birdies will be remembered appropriately.


Meanwhile, does anyone out there have any plans to celebrate the royal nuptials? I'm sorry the only openly London-living V-blogger will be dsappointing the royalists among you by not going to central London and Westminster Abbey to record the event for the blog.


Or am I?...

7 comments:

fuzzytweetie said...

I won't be watching, but then, I'm on the other side of the pond. It's nice they're getting married and I wish them the best, but, I'm too excited about the return of Bobby and Alex!

Eliza said...

If the tv happens to be on I'll watch it, but I'm not going to make any special arrangements. No street party here either, none of us could be bothered to organise one

JoJo said...

I'm guessing that's where all the flowers went: bought by people to bring to the wedding?

I'm not going to watch it. I'm not terribly interested in Wills & Kate. Not like I was with Charles & Diana.

Music Wench said...

I thought the same thing as JoJo.

Not much of a royalist as I'm an egalitarian. lol I remember my mother ooohing and awwwwing over Diana's dress and the whole wedding back in the day. I just felt sorry for the poor girl marrying Charles. So not a fan of Charles. Did turn out to be a huge fan of Diana.

I think Wills and Kate are lovely young people and I wish them the best but we're so ga-ga over here in America over this royal wedding, I've overdosed on coverage and the wedding hasn't even happened yet!

Jane said...

I want to see her dress...That's all I care about.

sixtwosue said...

I'm with Tess. I think I'll be more interested in Harry's wedding. That kid has spunk; the older one, not so much. And I'll look forward to seeing your beautiful city on TV.

What a pretty supermarket you have!

Anonymous said...

Well, here I am up and finding myself watching the wedding, LOL. I love the way you used the phrase "big shop" as I say the same thing regarding that activity too. Your supermarket is gorgeous!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake