View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, September 04, 2010

Annual UK Vixen Bash

Today our lovely Ann invited Eliza, Diane and me to her house for our annual reunion. We three met up on a busy Tube station platform, and were so busy chatting we appear to have missed the first train to our destination! (We told Ann it had been redirected...) When we got to Ann's nearest station her son picked us up and took us to her house. It's easy to see she's passed on her sense of humour as well as her kindness.

Ann has a reputation as a fantastic cook, and she put enough delicious food in front of us to feed an army. She put out her deli-special salad spread, with great quiches, followed by fruit and cream filled meringues, cake - honestly, it was almost impossible to move afterwards!

Of course, the order of the day was to talk about Vincent, and in particular Diane's visit to NYC to see the great George Geronimo Gerkie. She brought the Joe's Pub gang's pictures on a CD, and we drooled over them on Ann's big screen TV. She also gave us a photocopy each of the sheet listing Vincent and his fellow musicians' set for the show, autographed by them all, including Himself.

Eliza dispensed the wisdom of her amazing computer knowledge. She's the only reason many of us know how to make pictures from DVDs, post them on blogs, and do all the other things we didn't even know existed when we first discovered Vincent.

All I managed to do was listen entranced. Poppy and Pansy kindly sent Ann half-a-dozen eggs.

We were so lucky that Ann's son was still in the area when it was time for us to go, and he took us back to the Tube - though not before kidding his mother that he was driving to my neck of the woods "if anyone needs a lift there". You'd think she'd know by now!

Sadly, we were too busy talking to remember to take any pictures, so here's one of the lovely GGG instead.


I don't have any information saved with this picture as to whose it is, so may I say a big thank you to the Vixen who provided it for our delectation, and please identify your good fortune and genius so that you can be credited with your generosity in sharing it with us.

I just got word that this is one of Ruby's pictures cropped by someone else, so thank you Ruby, you have been so generous with your lovely pictures and videos.

15 comments:

Music Wench said...

Sounds like fun!

Jean said...

It does sound like fun! Wish I was a UK vixen!

JoJo said...

I'm so glad you guys got together again this year!! Wish I could have joined you!

SnarkAngel said...

Good to know you and the gang had such a good time! And Ann's spread sounds like something Vincent would have enjoyed, as well! Yummy!

judith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
judith said...

I'm so glad you all had a good time and the food does sound yummy.
Maybe next year I'll pluck up the courage and take the trip to meet you all.x
(The deleted comment was me I'd spelt a word wrong, sorry.)

Eliza said...

I think I'm just about ready for breakfast now..Ann did food to die for and I ate too much :-D

It was a very fun day, as always..and I love that we get straight down to talking about the important things!

Anonymous said...

Considering the amount of food on offer, I thought Ann had invited everyone we know ;0)

Jane said...

Awwwww. I wish there had been pictures..

Ruby said...

This sounds like it was SO much fun!! I'm really happy that you ladies get together every year! 'Wish we could all have an annual worldwide Vincent convention! BTW, I am your "mystery" photographer.

Unknown said...

Lucky girls! I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so lucky to live close enough together to make this reunion possible. It's so much fun to share your Vincent dreams with a fellow Vixen.

ann said...

oh gee thanks girls & snark
::blushing profusely::

-

havers said...

What a great meeting. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Ruby said...

Thanks, Val, for your very kind words. I am happy to share! Ask me any time!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake