View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, May 02, 2009

Pedicure with no cure

I take care of my feet. Every day after my shower I rub cream into them. Yet still the hard skin forms.

The massage machine I bought in February has an attachment you can use to smooth off hard skin, if you coat it in pumice paste.

I have yet to find anywhere that sells pumice paste.

This morning I entrusted my feet to a chiropodist. He was quite complimentary about their condition. He also told me that my ministrations were useless, because the creams I was using contain perfumes and alcohol. (What? You can get drunk by sniffing them?) The cream moisturises you, then the alcohol dries you right back out again. So I went on the hunt for alcohol free foot cream. Or just any alcohol free lotion.

Forget it. Even the well-known tootsie brand Dr Scholl does not comply.

Poor feet, can't rough 'em up, can't smooth 'em down. Kiss 'em better, Vincent.

10 comments:

judith said...

have you tried baby-lotion?

Jane said...

I run or race walk, my feet Are Not attractive. Have you tried Vaseline or Olive Oil? Granted it would be a little greasy but..

judith said...

well worth it tess. val. give it a go. if you put it on at bed-time wear some cotton socks.x

Anonymous said...

I don't know if they sell them where you live, but I've heard that the PedEgg works pretty well.

My feet get pretty cracked and dry during the winter, so I use a Vaseline foot cream at night. Vaseline products are pretty good.

Anonymous said...

My parents have a daily 'foot routine' which involves lots of moisturising creams etc, but both STLL have hard skin. Yours truly here moisteruses only the back of my heels, wiht a cursory amount of my soles and tootsies, and my feet are baby soft. I think the reason is that I HATE shoes! I wear them only when absolutely forced to i.e. going shopping/walking/cycling etc. I NEVER, ever, wear them around the house, or if I'm going out in the garden. My mother has always despaired of this, telling me for many years that 'If I had no shoes...' to which I've always replied 'I'd be delighted!' ;0)

Anonymous said...

Er....I'm not entirely sure what 'moisteruses'means but I probably don't do much of that either :0)

Tricia972 said...

Oops I posted this on the wrong post, sorry. Anyway, try a product called Aquaphor. My mom uses it and she swears by it!

Eliza said...

How about aqueous cream? It's cheap for a start, and from what I remember it doesn't have much of anything in it beyond simple moisturisers. It was pretty effective at helping Laura's very dry skin when she was smaller..the other one is E45..but she was allergic to that one.

My mum swears by some Australian stuff she gets at the chemist, but I can't remember what it was called

val said...

Thanks, folks. Sadly, Eliza, E45 has alcohol in it (you have no idea how many containers I read the tiny ingredients list from yesterday) but yes, Judith, I had some baby lotion in the house, and last night I looked at the ingredients, and you are right - no alcohol!

I will Google Aquafor, Tricia, and see if it available over here.

Anonymous said...

Thank U for sharing...


___________________

Vince

More Movies More Fun & Entertainment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake