View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Heron Day

As it was a lovely day, and I waas free, I decided today to go (here's a surprise) to the zoo. On my way to the station (railway, those in the US) I walked by the river and spotted the local heron looking for its next meal.


At the zoo, the new children's zoo is now open, and a pair of adorable red pandas is on a very open-looking display. I'm sure they could escape if they wanted.




The meerkats have a baby - but only one, which I don't think is usual. It was trying so hard to do everything the adults did.


This seemed ot be the non-parent of the three adults, and it was watching out for the rest of the family, and giving baby a good role model.

It was time to go, and the otters were, as usual, looking for their last feed of the day, crying like pathetic little kittens. They fell upon their defrosted white mice with relish.

So did one of the Regents Park herons, which was lying in wait for the food to arrive.
And so the day ended as it had begun, with one of the country's largest birds doing what comes naturally.







6 comments:

Eliza said...

The baby meerkat is beautiful..the dead mice less so :-)

unknown author said...

I check your site everyday and so love it when you go to the zoo. Thanks so much for your wonderful pictures. I also love the VDO pics too. You do such a great job.

Thanks again.

SnarkAngel said...

Fresh mouse ... yummmmmmmmm! LOL

val said...

Thanks for the kind comments Rita. It's nice to know who's dropping by.

MYM said...

Mice - yikes! These are great photos but like when I watch those nature shows when it comes to feeding time I wanna look away! lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful pictures.


___________________

Vince

More Movies More Fun & Entertainment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake