View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Unreal!

For her birthday I bought my friend a really good Sony digital camera. Her previous one (bought for her a couple of Chirstmases ago, by me, with a photo printer) was constantly losing battery power, and she was always missing great shots at the zoo.
Today we went to Howletts Wild Animal Park in Kent, and I thought that at last she would be able to take photos without a problem. Just to make sure, I reminded her last night to charge the camera battery.
The camera wouldn't turn on. We put in my battery and all was fine. Has she buggered things up again? Is the battery a dud? Or the charger? I've brought it home to charge on my charger then see if I can find out what the problem is. If it is a dud, where do I return it to? Only Sony shops sell the batteries, as far as I know. But I bought the camera in Marks and Spencer because the Sony shop couldn't get any (they were reduced by about 30% in the sales), so they should replace it really. But with what!
Any way, here are some of the pictures I took on her behalf.
This is the female African Wildcat...


...and this is the male.

I asked the keeper why they were so different, and he thought the male might have a bit of tabby cat in him. They are siblings, but cats in the same litter can have different fathers, I believe.

At first we thought this was the little female Siberian tiger cub, because it was in the same place I'd filmed her before,


Then we found this little treasure, who seemed smaller and altogether more female-like.


I REALLY wanted to rub her tum.


Maybe kiss it, too.



5 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

No kissing tiger tums, Val! Or you could be on their next "menu." LOL. They do look deceivingly passive when they roll over on their backs, though! I'd be tempted, too! Sorry to hear about your camera woes. I am constantly "technically challenged." Don't give up the good fight!

JoJo said...

So CUTE!!!! Don't you want to hug and cuddle those big kitties?

jazzy said...

aaaaaw cats!!! dangerous or not - i just want to cuddle them forever.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a cat person really, yet since 'Born Free' was in the cinema, I've always wanted a lion (or a tiger/cheetah etc). Heaven knows what I think I'd do with it in rural Derbyshire....

Anonymous said...

So cute one...


___________________

Vince

Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake