View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Zoo Day

I went with my friend to London Zoo today. Makes a change from going on my own.

There were lots of highlights in what was quite a short day (the zoo closes at 4pm in winter) but the most memorable was the crying of the juvenile tapir
as he looked for his mother. It was a desperate, pathetic distress call. She was - oh, yards away in their inside enclosure.

It was her day for being called. When her keeper called her in, she was as slow to respond as she had been to her frantic son. She was having too much fun. Who would have thought such a big creature as a tapir could have moved so fast?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

val, all i can say is, you make my day...be it vdo or animals or beautiful buildings in england...

and did i mention the beautiful pix of vdo???

(so, does this mean when i go to the detroit zoo that i should take pix and post them?)

val said...

Yes please!

Frances said...

Beautiful monkeys, Val

fenwayspal:to see photos of Detroit zoo would be nice.

I have some photos of the zoo in Central Park taken 9 years ago, will post, but it may take some time to find them.
Coasty

SnarkAngel said...

Will have to get out my video camera the next time I go to Lincoln Park Zoo. I am long overdue for a visit! That tiny monkey was fascinating, by the way!

Eliza said...

Once again, I'm so glad you share with us..I'm trying to persuade my lot that we should visit London Zoo again this year.largely because of your pictures :-)

val said...

Ehem, excuse me, the tapir is the Malayan variety, not the Brazilian. Apologies to both species.

BASRIC said...

I love your zoo days. Val=Happiness

jazzy said...

wonderful photos!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake