View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, January 30, 2009

Meerkats and Monkeys

A trip to the zoo? Unusual!
Actually, I was supposed to go with my friend, but she really didn't feel up to it. Her lovely little pedigree Abyssinian girl died on Monday. They took on a mother and son kitty a decade or so ago. The mother was a timid little thing, with a squint in one eye, possibly because of bullying by the other cats at the breeder's. Her son has never been without his mum, and is also distraught.
I think the animals at the zoo would have taken her mind of her sadness, but I understand that at times like that, you don't actually want to be diverted.
A couple of meerkats were taking advantage of the winter sunshine.








An opportunistic lion-headed tamarin had found a gap in a wooden post where insects might hide. She thrust in her little hand to try her luck. She was too quick for a focused picture...


...so when she climbed down a few feet I got a better one.



7 comments:

BASRIC said...

I agree, a trip to the zoo can take your mind off your troubles. Our local zoo here has its special animals...mainly the white tigers and the tapir (that looks like a pointed nose boar)just had babies. You shots are very cute. I like the meerkats.

Sorry for your friends loss, our animals are part of our families and a death is tough. Hopefully having the son gives her comfort.

Jane said...

I'm so sorry your friend lost her cat.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures Val, I love it when you go to the zoo :)

SnarkAngel said...

Always love your fascinating zoo pictures, Val. Your shots are truly adorable. Well wishes to your grieving friend, dear. XOXO

jazzy said...

the picture quality of photo #2 is unbelievable good!
meerkats look too cute, especially when they stand on their own hind legs.

Eliza said...

I'm so sorry for your friend, losing a beloved pet is very hard.

Thank you for sharing again, I always enjoy your zoo pictures. The meerkat pics are wonderful

JoJo said...

Those meerkats are so freakin ADORABLE!!!!!!!

But very sorry that your friend lost her beloved kitteh. :,(

Anonymous said...

I agree to it...

___________________

Vince

#1 Satellite Television Service Provider

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake