View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, January 31, 2009

Curious Coincidences

A Tale of Synchronicity?

There was the time I was on a tube train reading Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fame). I looked up from a passage about Schrodinger's Cat to see a man reading a book about Schrodinger's Cat.

Then there was the plane back from Canada after meeting family members whose parents had been raised in Lothian Road, Camberwell, London. I started reading a book, only to find that one of the characters was on her way to a flat in Lothian Road, Camberwell, London.

Today, with a couple of characters about to take off for Melbourne in a story set in 2007, I read this:

"As for the life jacket, that's a laugh, that is...Do you know how many passenger airliners in the entire history of aviation have ever successfully made an emergency landing on water?...Zero. Zilch. Nada. Not one."

"There's always a first time," Nicholl thought.

And so it was:



Even with the pictures reversed by Blogger.

8 comments:

Frances said...

I've had a few of those coincidences and I always have had the feeling that I've 'missed a step'.

SnarkAngel said...

Those kinds of coincidences always send a chill up my spine! But the landing of that plane gave me some new hope for humanity. What a joyous thing to celebrate!

jazzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jazzy said...

coincidences are always freaky and amazing at the same time. déjà-vu are spooky, too ... they make you feel like living in twilight zone.

Eliza said...

Coincidences usually make me feel a bit strange..in a funny sort of way :-D

Anonymous said...

I still think the pilots deserve a knighthood....

JoJo said...

Weird stuff like that used to happen to us all the time at Dead shows. I could tell you stories! lol

Anonymous said...

Good reporting....

___________________

Vince

#1 Satellite Television Service Provider

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake