View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, June 05, 2008

Tagged

Mmm. DrowseyMonkey (http://drowseymonkey.blogspot.com/) wants me to post six quirky things about myself. I'm a pretty quirky person, so here goes:

1. I am a bit OCD about things matching. Even my undies have to be the right colour to match my outfit, though happily they can't be seen.
2. I think I deserve at least one treat a week to reward me for working hard. unfortunately, as I can't afford expensive things, I buy pleasing food treats, like cream cakes. I am therefore growing out of the clothes I treat myself to when I can afford them.
3. I count things. Steps especially. I can walk downstairs in the dark. It's a bit unfortunate when I forget I left something on the stairs...
4. I talk to myself and to the animals a lot. And I make what I say rhyme. I find it very satisfying.
5. I have several hundred books waiting to be read (too busy blogging to read them) but when I see another that I think might be good, I buy it and add it to the pile. The books on the bottom never get to the top.
6. I have a lot of umbrellas. I hate umbrellas. I go out without them even when rain is threatening, and when I get too wet I have to buy another one. Eventually I give the nicest ones away to my friend, who loves umbrellas.

Now I have to tag 6 of you (forgive me). Don't feel obliged.

Here are the Rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I never remember how to do links as I don't do them all that often, so I will just have to post the URLs of the people I've tagged.

Pauline http://dysfuncdiva.blogspot.com/
Beatlelady http://suddenviolentcomedy.blogspot.com/
Acer110 http://www.avincentvixen.blogspot.com/
JoJo http://beadsandvincent.blogspot.com/
Jazzy and Lozzie http://jazzylin.blogspot.com/(counts as 2)

11 comments:

jazzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jazzy said...

LOL, val! hilarious!
seems, adrian monk is your twin :)

love it!!

MYM said...

lol ... thanks for playing along! :) You're a sport.

Those aren't so quirky. Well, except for the umbrella thing, that's odd. And maybe the rhyming thing too, LOL As long as you're happy. :)

MYM said...

oh god, I keep forgetting I changed my avatar, don't think I like it, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! Unfortunately, I don't think I know six people who have a blog...and I don't know the address of one of them.

I'll do my best.

cathy said...

I hate umbrellas too.
Why do you think I moved to Greece?

I like things to match.

I often talk to myself and sometimes disagree.

I have a weakness for alliteration, Pauline's fault.

I have a lot of books but I've read most of them, some several times.

Counting things that is WEIRD!

acer110 said...

Hey Val, I put a link on my blog like you said and it worked. I also put one on Diane's. I don't know anymore. I don't know how to tag, or what it means anyway. Love you slide show great big beautiful pictures.

Eliza said...

Personally I don't think you're that quirky LOL

I count stairs all the time,and sometimes even count how many steps it takes to get from one place to another.Hate umbrellas too...which is why I only buy coats with hoods :-)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, very funny, cathy. I may need to get out more, it's just that my friends think blogging is weird.

Hold on a sec, I just remembered someone's blog...

Music Wench said...

Cute! I also talk to myself and my pets but I am nowhere near creative enough to make anything rhyme! And I also don't use umbrellas. Really, all they do is keep your head dry. The rest of you gets soaked anyway!.

JoJo said...

Up here in the Pacific NW, an umbrella is a sign of 2 things: weakness or tourist. lol

Thanks for tagging me. I did my quirks. They are kind of mundane. Brian would have been a good source to ask for my quirks!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake