View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, March 23, 2008

Springtime For Hitler

I'm really getting into this comedy thing using YouTube.

When I first saw The Producers in the early 1970s, I remember the tears rolling down my face as I watched this sequence. I'm sure most of you will have seen the original film, or the stage show, or the film of the stage show (er - why? you can't improve on perfection) but just in case you've never had the pleasure, the story is:

Producer and his accountant plot to cover shortage of funds by putting on a guaranteed flop. They take investment money from dozens of old ladies (at least 50% from each) secure in the knowledge that, as the show will close on its opening night, they will never have a profit to share. They use the worst script, director, composer, cast - including a camp Hitler - and wait for the show to fail.

But it is SO bad, it's good, and looks like being a surefire hit.

5 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

This is absolutely priceless. The looks on the faces of the folk in the audience is just too damned funny. I think I like the swastika dancing formation most of all! Bad taste, indeed! As far as being "so bad it's good," how often have I seen a film like that in real life? Too many to count!

Music Wench said...

I love this movie! This song was just so hysterical. I remember laughing so much I cried. It was so silly and so Mel Brooks! :)

Unknown said...

oh, yeah, mel brooks is certifiable!

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing this at the cinema. It's the shot of the audience all sitting there with their mouths open that gets me everytime.

jazzy said...

this movie is still very popular here in germany; guess why! lol
love it!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake