View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, February 09, 2008

Seriously, though - Global Warming

Here's what I think.

If we are wrong about human activity causing climate change, the worst that will happen if we try to put it right is we leave a cleaner planet for future generations.

If we are right about it and we do nothing, the planet will be a disaster area.

We can't afford to be complacent in case we ARE doing the damage. There is no harm in cleaning up our act. We are pretty much all animal lovers on here - it's the wildlife I want to save the planet for. Apart from gas-guzzling vehicles, two of the worst things (sorry JoJo) are air conditioning and clothes dryers, I'm afraid. If I can't put my washing on the line, I put it on little racks over the radiators. Saves me a lot of money, helps my carbon footprint.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Hey Val, no offense taken. About 20+ yrs ago when I bought my first car, I refused to have air con in it for environmental reasons. Now I'm old and hot all the time so air con's a must.

In WA, I need a dryer b/c it rains all the time. We don't have radiators/heaters like you do. Our home heat is gas fired, forced hot air, that comes out of grates in the floors and ceilings.

I read also that pet waste is also contributing to global warming!!

Claire said...

My politics lean conservative/libertarian, but I am totally in favor of cleaning up any and all messes made by humans. Call me a right wing nut environmentalist! The ecosystem of the entire planet depends on everything staying balanced. When it gets out of whack, many people and animals will suffer.
Shit, some already have.

SnarkAngel said...

Absolutely, Claire. With certain species of animal and plant life disappearing from our planet, the "world" ecosystem is no doubt going to suffer, and yes, I believe already has.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake