View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bouncy Birdie

I got an excited call from the vet today, telling me Rio had laid her egg overnight. She sounded like a kid who'd just received the greatest toy!

She'd taken her husband (also a vet) with her, in case she had to operate. Rio did her thing and enslaved him on the spot, so that the husband immediately wanted one just like her. His wife told him to wait till Rio used her voice. When she did, he suddenly went off the idea!

Rio is home and raring to get on with life. She has some supplements, and I haven't yet ruled out her having "the op" later, but for now she has a new egg to ignore.

The vet had put some steamy water in her cage hoping that the warmth would help her have some contractions. "Oh," I said, "new-laid boiled egg." I just couldn't help myself...

6 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Wonderful news, Val! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I would have said the exact same thing.

Good for your birdie!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Rio is home and doing well.

Claire said...

I'm glad Rio is ok now! Female iguanas can have the same problem, but luckily mine has never become egg bound. It's nice you have such a knowledgable vet.

Unknown said...

I'm glad Rio is OK. I should imagine the hot water would aid her contractions, she was probably worried it was the start of some kind of bird stew!

BobbyG said...

Glad she's home and good as new. Funny comments about the "boiled egg" or "bird stew." I am drawing a cartoon in my head as I write this. Again, glad she's safe. I know you love your "critters."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake