View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, May 18, 2007

The Best-Laid Plans?

Actually I had no plans at all. It was a glorious day, I had done all I had to, relaxed for a while in the garden, then when a few clouds came over and the wind whipped up, I decided to get on to the computer early. It was just after 4.30pm. I had finished editing some LOCI episodes and they were saving on to a DVD.

The phone went. (The next bit will amaze the British Vixens). It was the doctor I saw on Wednesday. (This will amaze them even more). My blood tests were back - after just 2 days! My white count is up so I am definitely fighting an infection without knowing it - apart from the seized up joints and muscles, which have been controlled by the anti-inflammatories. She would leave me an anti-biotic prescription at reception.

I waited for the recording to finish, then leapt into my car, collected the prescription and went to the pharmacy in a supermarket with a car park (US Vixens, high street stores DON'T have car parks, nor even pharmacies). Then headed back home, arriving just before 6pm. Decided to take in the washing from the line, heard the phone, which stopped as I reached it. Dialled 1471 (the British way to find out the last caller) and found it was my cousin Percy. Called him back and had a chat for about 20 minutes about tomorrow's events. Prepared a quick meal of avocado with blue cheese dressing and fresh fruit salad (strawberries, cherries and water melon), and a shop-bought clotted cream rice pudding (yum). Finally got on the computer at 6.30 while still eating.

Now I really want some chocolate, and it's in the fridge downstairs and I'm upstairs. How long will I manage to resist?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

7.31 & 30 seconds pm: OK Val, so how's the chocolate ;0)

JoJo said...

Aw give in to temptation Val! Do it up!!! Pretend you are eating the chocolate off Vincent's naked bod, which is so hot, it will melt the chocolate.

Have a great time with your family and tell Don I said HI.

ann said...

if I don't move house first, when the children really really move out, I must move the computer upstairs as presently it is located in my kitchen about 4' away from the fridge, in fact I can turn and open the fridge from where I'm sitting... bad bad bad

but not as bad your rice pudding... tell me was it M & S?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake