View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, June 17, 2006

Back when I had a life


I've belonged to quite a few opera groups in my time. This was the last one. It folded in 2000 thanks to a crummy musical director. We had some great times.

The picture is of an Edwardian Evening we did as a fundraiser. The lady in the background, a lifelong non-smoker, died of lung cancer. We think it was because she used to sing in smokey clubs.

5 comments:

ann said...

Lucky you... blessed with a voice. I, sadly, am totally tone deaf... the kids plead with me NOT to sing.

I'm sorry about your friend, but I know many people who have suffered from l.c. none of them smokers. Passive smoking is dreadful, but at last smoking is banned in most public places now.

lotsa luv ann xxxx

eliza said...

I'm sorry your group folded.Having grown up in a family who was very active in am-dram and singing groups I know how much enjoyment they can bring to both cast and audiences alike.

I'm really really sorry for your friend.Unfortunately I doubt very much she was the only one to suffer from this.Hopefully,now smoking has been banned in public places,fewer people will be so dreadfully affected.

Eliza xxxxxx

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Finally someone else besides me who loves opera. I would love to hear you sing. :)

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool Val! Love the costume and nice to put a face with a name!!! I am sorry about your friend's passing from lung cancer. My dad died of it 3 years ago next week, even though he'd quit smoking in 1964 when I was born.

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture Val! Perhaps you will find another group to join in the future. Unfortunately I'm like Ann - singing is not a talent I've been blessed with!

So sorry to hear about your friend x

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake