View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, February 22, 2015

Dilemma

Now that I only have Twiglet left, I've been planning to keep her as a sole cat, then foster for a local rescue centre when she's gone. I might even give my self a few weeks or months of zero commitments, I thought.

Then last week that same local rescue centre (which is where Twiglet and her mother Mitzi came from over 15 years ago) showed a pair of unfortunates on Twitter. One black cat, one white, 12 years old, they were owned by a drunken druggy who has gone to jail. They were neglected and underweight, with terrible teeth.

They've been built up and treated, and are now ready to be rehomed.






I expressed a vague interest "as a last resort". I guess we all know what other kind of resort is likely to come before the last resort - none.

But what if Twiglet, who has risen to her role as the only cat in the household with, er, extreme laid-back-ness, does NOT take to incomers? She was the last one in all those years ago, and has never had to accept a cat that wasn't here before her.

And yet my soft heart melts...

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Oh I think you need to adopt them, poor things. They deserve a loving forever home, esp. as older cats.

judith said...

My heart would melt too...

Music Wench said...

It is difficult sometimes to make those decisions. I know I had horrible luck with cats getting along until my current two cats. Oliver and Leaper are such wonderful companions. I can see how your heart would melt. I know I'm glad I live where I can only have a limited amount of cats or I'd be the crazy cat lady with ten cats or something.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake