View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Trouble With Helicopters

Can anyone see the rationale of letting helicopters fly over the centre of a huge metropolis?

Well, I think that after today the powers-that-be might rethink that one.

At 8am, in the middle of the rush hour, a helicopter failed to see a tall crane attached to a tall building-in-progress because of mist, hit it, demolishing the arm, and crashing nearby in a busy street surrounded by railway lines, an underground station, a massive bus station and the MI5 building (that's the secret service). Miraculously only the pilot and one passer-by were killed. And for the first time ever, the crane driver was late for work, and was not in the cabin that was sliced in two.

I found a compilation video to give a flavour of the mayhem.


1 comment:

JoJo said...

Wow that's really scary and sad too. It could have been so much worse too. I don't like it when there's low flying aircraft in cities. The Blue Angels practice their show over San Francisco right before Fleet Week every October. They are just above the tops of the tallest buildings. It freaked me out when I lived there.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake